Thursday, November 3, 2011

Navigating the Grocery Store via The Dandelion Girl



IMAGE CREDIT :: Help For Eating Disorders
"I have never been a good grocery shopper… it might be because I’ve never done it without having an eating disorder as it started prior to me having my driver’s license… As a result I’ve done the eating disorder dance through the aisles many many times. Factor in that grocery stores sell certain pills that I have a history of abusing and it makes a difficult situation sometimes.

Some interesting facts from the interweb:
Dr. Norton conducted an online survey concerning grocery shopping. 125 people with eating disorders responded and the following was discovered:
  • 75.2%  debate whether or not to purchase each particular item
  • 44.4% find themselves fantasizing about binging on certain foods while grocery shopping
  • 30.1% spend more than they can afford on food

Clearly I’m not the only one with difficulties… and so I am going to list some things that I’ve personally found helpful " read more here

 Excerpt taken from The Dandelion Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...