Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Fave

Some of my faves from "Help Your Own Recovery" as shared to me by Emma (writer of THIS guest post)







One of DBT's skill sets deals with counting your blessings and using comparisons... However, when used incorrectly or with disordered logic (something I am famous for with Laura) you can wind up with the above... which , as the note says... is a way to sabotage your recovery



Now... I don't do this one, but I know a lot of people do.




I just held a similar conversation with Laura today... However, just because you feel healthy doesn't mean you are healthy... Especially since sometimes it's been so long since you've actually been healthy you've convinced yourself that THIS is what healthy feels like



Another one I am ALL too familiar with. As a girl that has done almost every eating disordered behavior to the extremes - sometimes quite a few at the same time... I have said this a lot.. However, just because it's not as bad, doesn't mean it's good. or healthy.

When I "broke up" with my last therapist this was one of the things that caused us to reach our tipping point. I quit really communicating one day and just kept on saying that I was wasting her time over and over again. Erm... We have the power to assign our own worth. Believe you're worth the time. 




I include this, not because I do it, but because I do NOT do this. In fact, I think it's helped my relationship with Laura... She knows exactly where I stand and exactly what I am and am not doing. Honesty and openness. (it may help that I'm fairly susceptible to guilt)



This might seem odd for me to say that I do this.. since I am so heavily involved in ED activism... but sometimes I question whether or not I have an eating disorder... I think partially due to the whole "typical" eating disorder patient images the media and high school health classes perpetuate... This one I think can cause a lot of damage.




check "Help Your Own Recovery" out for more

1 comment:

  1. :) Glad you posted these for all to see Kat :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...