Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tell Me About 'Your Self'





And no, that’s not a typo.


This is something I’ve been thinking about a lot recently and coincidently (or not) something that was covered on my course today. Looking at your ‘inner self’ or your ‘core self’….


In my opinion, in life we often lose ourselves or perhaps think that we have. And we may find it difficult to find ourselves again, not impossible.


It does however takes hard work and the desire to.


But in order to find something we’ve lost, don’t we first need to know what it is we’re looking for?


So how do we go about discovering ourselves?


Finding out who we really are.


Often, when ‘living’ with an eating disorder, it can feel as though that is who you are. But it’s not.


An eating disorder is an illness; it does not define you as a person.



It can however, cast a dark shadow on your true self and prevent you from shining through.


So when you begin to look at this, you then face the daunting task of finding you again.


I say daunting, which it is. Even possibly painful.


But it’s also exciting and liberating!


~


I’ve talked about ‘who am I without my eating disorder’ before but this runs much deeper for me.


So, who am I? What do I believe in? What do I stand for?


Good questions…


As I am continually growing, this would take me a long time to answer.


But I am keen to keep learning more about myself each day, remain true to myself and share the real me with others too.


I am also ready to say-

“F**k it! I am who I am and I am incredible”


And so are you.


With Much Love, Smiles & Support


Hanna xx




1 comment:

  1. Hanna, I have been thinking so much about this lately as well. It is so hard to dig deeper and deeper within to find who you really are after an eating disorder. Like you said, you think you know who you are when you are ill.... but you have no idea at all. It is terrifying to be at a place where I have to say, "I have no idea who I am but I am figuring it out". Yet, I would rather be at this place than masking everything I am again. Thank you for sharing this, you are incredible! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...