Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Reconnecting With Your Body....



And Feeling Truly Alive



This week I want to share with you an amazing experience I had.


I attended a ‘Biodanza’ class on Friday night. I’d never been before and had only recently heard of it but from what I’d read and been told, it seemed like something I wanted to try.


A few hours before going I was absolutely exhausted and felt like I just couldn’t find the energy. But after eating and relaxing a while, I somehow found some and made my way to the studio.


I didn’t really know what to expect and was quite nervous to be honest. I’d done dance in the past but never of this type. The woman running the class was very welcoming and after introducing myself to others, we got started.


Nothing could have prepared me for what would happen over the next hour and a half. This may sound odd, but in the studio, I found myself again.


It excites me just writing about it!


Often, with an eating disorder comes not only low self-esteem but also complete disconnection with yourself. With the body you have been given. What I felt on Friday night was just how amazing my body is and what it is capable of. It also really made me think about all I have put it through and how much I’ve neglected it.


Through being present and in touch with myself, I also opened myself up to the others in the room and the world around me. I felt a weight had been lifted from me and my heart felt so much lighter.


I felt energised and truly alive.


It also really made me think about my recovery and my life. About how much I want full recovery and just how possible it is.


It made me hungry; not only for food but also all that lies ahead for me, how much I have to offer the world, and all it has to offer me.


~

Who would have thought that just one little class could have this effect on me?


It just goes to show, you really never know.


Do something different, and try something new.


It is not only important to connect with others but with your own body too.


Embrace it, nurture it, love it.



With Much Love, Smiles & Support,


Hanna xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...