Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Being True To Yourself......





Staying Connected To Who You Are & Taking Responsibility.




I am going to keep it short and sweet this week as I've had a busy (yet lovely!) weekend with lots of travel and barely any sleep last night.



But I wanted to touch briefly on what I've been thinking about a lot recently and that is



'Staying true to yourself'



I believe this plays a huge part in recovery.


Once you move past the realisation that you are not your eating disorder and that you are you, you need to find a way to be able to stay connected to that.



And it can be difficult.



Especially when you may feel that others have so many expectations of you.



About who you once were, how far along in recovery you are and who you will be once fully healthy.



But as I and many others have often talked about that fact that you have to own your recovery.



And I feel in order to be able to fully achieve that you have to keep yourself grounded, connected and remain fully aware of who you are now;



In this present moment.



I often have to stop and remind myself that I am a (nearly!) 25yr old woman.



Yes I am unwell and yes I need support but I am an adult and I am strong.



No longer will I let myself believe that I can't do this or that I'm

'Doing it wrong'.



~



This weekend I took a huge leap of faith and totally stepped out of my comfort zone by going away to stay with a dear friend.



Doesn't sound like a big deal right?


And in essence it isn't.



But for someone who is used to routines and not yet sure whether they can trust themselves,
it is.



But I did it.

And I had a lovely weekend.



Yes I had my moments and no it wasn't easy but throughout it all, I remained true to myself and listened to what I knew I needed to do.



And if I didn't quite 'get it right' or felt panicked, I didn't beat myself up.



Instead, I took a deep breath, looked within myself and remembered that I am who I am and I am doing the best that I can.



And I am proud of myself


~




Whatever you are doing this week;

Stay grounded, remain connected to who you are &


Be True To Yourself.



The rest will follow.



With Much Love, Smiles & Support,


Hanna xx






2 comments:

  1. Well done you for getting away for the weekend, getting over the tough bits and having a fab time! :-) You're rightly proud of yourself...and I am darn well proud of you too! ~ Darius xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely message! I am so glad you had a good weekend with your friend :)

    Scott

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...