Friday, September 9, 2011

Simple

A few simple things I have learnt along the way

If I stop eating, I won't be better than other people, I won't have some super willpower or real control, rather I will just have to start eating again soon enough

If I lose weight, I won't feel better, I won't be a better person, rather I will just have to gain it back again soon enough

If I listen to that voice telling me what to do, it won't get quieter, good things won't come to me, bad things won't stop happening, rather it will just validate the voice and make it louder and harder to ignore


All these realities are uncomfortable, painful, unbearable and really not worth it...

1 comment:

  1. I've learned to say "fuck you" to that little negative voice in my head.

    You're right, no good comes from listening to it but sometimes it's hard to remember that you are in control, not the voice ;) I call it "my crazy" and I tell it to shut up. In fact, I told it to shut up so often that I rarely hear it any more.

    Also, you're right, if you don't eat, you won't be happier, you'll just be hungrier :) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...