Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Back-Post and link to @nourishthesoul

I'm back-posting this, but I really want to direct you to Nourishing the Soul today.

She answers a question I know I've heard people ask time and time again... and she does it quite well.

Thanks NTS!


Reader Question: Does the media cause eating disorders?

 

 

what are your thoughts on this issue?

I personally believe that the media does not cause eating disorders. I do, however, believe that they are a catalyst and can worsen the problem (because I do think the media is largely responsible for the diet craze which can help mask an eating disorder for a long time) and tap into the predisposition for eating disorders by fueling the belief that one is worthless. Additionally, I  believe they can be a large contributor into relapses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...