Thursday, March 17, 2011

You Never Asked

You never asked...
...for a hug
...for me to call
...to spend time together
...for me to drive instead of you


...So how do you expect to get it?


A lot has been going on with me for the past week. I've exhausted myself from multiple committments, plus my boyfriend is home from graduate school for Spring Break. Add in to the mix some relationship squabbles, identity crises, and a best friend ending up in the ER for 10+ hours, and you have a very tired Ashley in need of rest.

Most likely related to what's been going on, the other day I had a migraine, and felt like I was going to get sick. So, I spent most of the day in bed and skipped my class. My boyfriend came upstairs to check on me around 5:30 PM (yes, I was still in bed!) and asked if I needed anything. It hit me: I was CRAVING an iced mocha! I sheepishly asked him if he would drive to a coffee shop and grab one for me.


He paused (ahhh!!, I think) and said, "Yep."

With wide eyes, I said, "Really? You'll get me one?"

"Yes, I will."

 "I excepted you to say no for some reason..."

"You've never asked before."






The iced mocha was delicious, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...