Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blog Spotlight -- @MarciRD

Hello all! We're starting a new thing for Sundays! We're going to be highlighting a different blog each Sunday -- if you would like your blog to be highlighted, answer the same format used below and email us at recoverinspire@gmail.com --  Thanks!

and thank you Marci RD for being our first blogger - my favorite post of her's? Good-Bye Jeans
Name: Marci E.Anderson MS, RD
Blog: Marci RD Nutrition
Why the name choice? My business name is Marci RD Nutrition and the blog is integrated into my website. So I suppose the name is by default!
Why did you decide to start your blog? There is so much confusing, negative press on nutrition and how to eat. I wanted a place to share positive, accurate, and hopeful messages about nutrition, eating, exercise, and body image. My blog reflects the principles I use in the work I do with my clients. It's about finding balance, which isn't typically a popular message in our culture.
What is your favorite personal blog post? My favorite posts are the ones tagged as "client spotlights."  I can't choose a single favorite, but I absolutely love hearing from my clients. Their stories are motivating and empowering to both me and my readers. I also feel that writing is such a therapeutic tool, I feel so proud when my clients want to share their stories.
What have you learned since blogging: I've learned that while my voice might be small, there is power in a collective voice spreading positive messages. And I'm proud to be a part of that collective voice.
What do you hope your readers take away? It is possible to have a healthy, peaceful, balanced relationship with food, exercise, and their body. Everyone's journey is different and it may require a lot of hard work, but it is possible. 
Anything else? If you are struggling with food and your body, I encourage you to take time, every day to read some positive food and body blogs. I have seen incredible transformations take place as my clients start investing time to read positive messages on a daily basis. It is empowering and helps you to feel less alone. So whether it's my blog or many of the other excellent resources out there, fill up on the good stuff each day. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...